Thursday 20 November 2014

My Favourite Three...

Live Bands

During the last year, I've been to a fair few live music events, I've been getting more involved with and interested in the live music scene, and though I'd share some great bands with you. 

Reel Big Fish are bloody brilliant, to say the least. I saw them at a music festival in Wales this summer, and they were incredible. They knew how to get the audience moving, played really catchy, upbeat songs, and the best thing, for me, is they showed how versatile they are; ultimately, they're a ska band, but they played heavy metal, country, folk, pop-punk, literally everything. Their musical ability was incredible, and they're just an amazing band. Do not ever turn down the opportunity to see them live, because, trust me, you'll enjoy it. 

Seth Lakeman is a folk singer/songwriter, and I saw him at a free music festival, again in Wales, but a different one to last time, and this was during summer. He was incredible. He can play so many different instruments (duh, he's a multi-instrumentalist), and his music really got my toe tapping. I must say I've not really listened to his recorded music, but the live show was really good. So, if folk or alternative music is your thing, check this out:
And, thirdly, Framing Hanley have got to be one of the most energetic, meaningful, and caring bands I have ever seen, or met. I'll start off by saying their set was incredible, they played old favourites and new songs, and got the whole audience jumping. They played for the audience, and really got us to join by singing, and they posed for photos! After the show, they sold their own merch, and took the time to thank everyone who came to watch them. For me, that means so much, it's insane. They're definitely worth checking out, because they care so much, and that is one of the best things about a live band. 
So those are three of my favourite live bands. 
Before I go, I own no rights to any of this music, please don't sue me.
- Dottie. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog I just found you through teenage blogger central! I have never heard any of these bands so I will check them out! Please go check out my blog and follow if you like it xx
    http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete