Sunday 23 November 2014

People at Concerts...

Yesterday evening, two lovely guys from a lovely band that I love very much went to see an awesome band called Biffy Clyro. I am insanely jealous of them, because Biffy are the reason behind my music-loving. They changed my world. 


The lovely Biffy Clyro

Anyway, one of the lads posted on Twitter after the show "nahhh too many people recording 99% of the gig on their phone, try actually watching the band in front of you

And this got me thinking...
99% of the gigs that I've been to, there has been people stood in front of, or around me holding their phones out and recording the whole thing. And yes, it's a good idea, because you can relive the gig again and again. But technically, if you're on your phone, you aren't actually living in the moment, or watching the band. 

Sure, taking the odd photo is fine, but you have to live in the moment. Some people pay so much to go to gigs, and then either talk or text the whole time, get so drunk they can't stand up, or leave after the headline band has played two songs. Tell me, what is the point? 

I just don't understand it. I want to be able to look back on gigs and remember having the time of my life, singing and jumping around with the rest of the people. I don't want to experience it through a video. 

There are some seriously ignorant people at gigs, and I just don't like it, because some people actually do want to experience the gig first-hand. 

So if you're on of those ignorant, irritating people, either f*ck off, or stand at the back. 

That is all.
- Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment