Monday 15 December 2014

Happiness Is...

This time one week ago, I was on my way to see some bands, and those bands mean a lot to me. I may not have been a huge fan for years and years, but still, I love those bands, because some of their work means an awful lot to me. 

Last week, I went to see Taking Back Sunday, who had support from Blitz Kids and Marmozets.  And it was brilliant!!

This post isn't really linked to the one I wrote about being happy etc. but I guess it kinda also is... You see, Happiness Is is the title of Taking Back Sunday's album they released earlier this year, and also, their tour was the 'Happiness Is' tour, so naturally, I called this post 'Happiness Is'. 

My TBS tour shirt and concert tickets (on cork board)
For me, concerts are the things that make me ultimately happy.I love them not just because of the live music, but also the people. I'm going to start with that part. 

I'm not a people person, at all, but when I go to concerts, I seem to forget about it. I can talk to people, and have conversations, and I'm perfectly happy being in large crowds now. I feel fine. This past year, I feel that I have gotten more confident, and it may not show at school, but in large social situations, I don't feel the need to shy away any more. So that's pretty cool.

Also, people at concerts aren't as rude and obnoxious as people at school. Last week, a dude I don't know came and stood next to me, and that was cool.We spoke a little about the support bands, and the headlining band, and some bottles of water got passed around, and people shared them out (I didn't have any). But if you were shopping and bottles of water were given out, no one would share, right? At the concert, the dude offered me some of his water, and just, people at concerts are great.

Also!! Also, some dude got shoved into me, and people asked if I was okay, etc. I love people at concerts. 

Then there's the atmosphere and the bands playing!! It's just brilliant, because almost everyone is there for the music, and they're all singing along and it's just a precious moment. 

So yeah. My happiness is concerts, which is why I want to work with bands/at live music events so much. If these things can have such a huge impression on me, and make me feel the way they do, then I'd love to be a part of that and help someone else feel as great as I do. And even if I did a small thing like roadying or something as big as being part of the band on stage, I don't care. I just need to be part of it. 

So that's kinda how awesome my last Monday was..And now? Meh.. 

Have a good week guys!
- Dottie. 



1 comment: