Friday 12 December 2014

Pop Punk?

Pop punk. 

Yup, pop punk. Because that's all I've really been listening to for the past two days. It just makes me feel so good!! 

My music taste varies a lot (from heavy metal to folk/country music from the 1950s..) but the main genre of music I listen to would probably be rock/punk music.

But pop punk. And before you say it, no, 5SOS probably aren't pop punk (but I can't say anything cause I though Black Veil Brides were heavy metal for years... Oops). So shush. 

But, I'll say it again, pop punk! It always seems so happy, and cheerful, and is actually insanely catchy. 

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of '90s pop punk, and I'm so happy. I did an art mock exam today, and got to listen to my music for five hours, and I'm in such a good mood because of it. 

And I think I've learnt a little about pop punk. So, here's a recipe for a good pop punk song: 

  • Catchy lyrics that are rude/funny or emotional.
  • Cool guitar riffs and pretty cool choruses. 
  • Heavy drums. 
  • Bass solos??? (Idk, I like bass..) 

So yeah, that's basically every pop punk song ever maybe. 

And here's my favourite three pop punk songs from the 90s (and 80s I don't know).

1. Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends


2. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle 


3. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus


So I guess it's clear where the inspiration for my blog name/address came from, huh? 

Until next time guys!
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment