Thursday 1 January 2015

A Year in Review...

Okay, so currently it is January 1st, 2015, 2:09 PM, and I am happy. 

I'd like to start off this post by asking: is it acceptable to wear 2014 tour shirts to be cool, or is it too soon? Okay, scratch that, I don't care. Wearing the tour shirts (all two of them with dates on...) makes me so happy, because I remember the times when I was happy. Last year, I was so happy. And I'm happy now. 

Around May-time last year, a lot of stuff changed. I made new friends, and started spending more time with old ones, and I've never been happier. 

2014 is the year I finally found happiness; I've been to so many gigs, and spoken to so many new people, and sure, there have been crappy parts, but I'm not going to dwell on them, because the happy parts mean so much more. Since summer, I've been keeping a list of things that have made me happy in 2014, and sure, I forgot to put lots of stuff on there, but I'm going to share a few with you guys now. 


  1. I won tickets to see one of my favourite bands (they're small, but I love them!) At said show, I was juggling, and the singer of the band juggled too. That made me happy. After the headline band played, I got to speak to the guitarist, and he hugged me!! I thanked them for being awesome. I don't think I'm going to top that night for a while...
  2. I started spending more time with my best friend, and before summer, there was a day when we (me, my best friend and our two other friends) were sat outside talking at lunchtime, and we were all laughing so much. Pure happiness. (They're the people who make me forget to look at my phone..)
  3. I've mentioned this in a previous post, but the kindness of the stranger who stood next to me at the Taking Back Sunday gig. That always means a lot. 
Yeah, the last year has been brilliant, and I'm determined to make this one even better. 

A lot of things are going to change soon; I'm going to be taking exams, and moving on to a different school/college, and I won't be with my friends. That makes me sad, but I know its part of life. I'm going to be taking a course that I'm so excited about, and I just can't wait!

A lot of people are making New Year's resolutions, but not me (they never last anyway). Change comes about naturally anyway, so I'm just going to continue being happy with every aspect of myself and my life. 

That's it. Happiness.

Yep. That's what I'm going to do. Chase happiness. Be happy. Be me. 

Happy New Year, guys!! Make this one the best year yet!
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment