Tuesday 17 February 2015

This Is What I Live For..

Yesterday, I went to a gig, for the first time in around two months. I'm not kidding when I say that the atmosphere, and the people and the feeling I get in a concert venue, is what I live for. I'd forgotten how much I love it. 

I hate the queuing, especially in the cold, but I didn't mind yesterday. I was just so happy it was insane! The first support band of the night was called Oh Captive, and last night's was their last show. The second support band was called Dead! and I have seen them twice before. They were even better than I remembered them. Their new songs were brilliant, and their usual stuff sounded even better than before. All the way through their set, I had this crazy-big smile on my face; I'm so proud of those boys! 

Then the headline band. I'd listened to their first album when they released it, earlier last year, and I thought they were good, but I was into heavier music at the time, so didn't think much more of it. They released an EP on 9th February, and it is beautiful. The band is called Fort Hope. Their music is beautiful. 
By this point in the gig, I'd managed to get centre second row, so I was looking directly up at the singer. It was super crowded, and the band was a lot heavier than expected! There was a lot of people jumping around and shoving (they were stood behind me), and I feel sorry for the girls I kept getting pushed into. Fort Hope were a lot heavier live (the bass and guitars were much louder) but I absolutely loved it. Every single second. Usually at gigs, I zone out for at least one song, but this time, I didn't. It was amazing. 

Then, afterwards, I brought a physical copy of Fort Hope's EP (I'm one of those annoying people... sorry), a wristband, got a free badge, and got a copy of Oh Captive's first EP for £1. (I already own loads of Dead! merch..). I spoke to a couple of guys from Dead!, and the singer of FH singed my CD. I am still so happy.

I was going to put my band-member-and-me photos, but I look too stupid.. Y'all should check out Fort Hope!! Buy their EP (£3.99 on iTunes apparently..)
- Dottie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment