Friday 7 August 2015

My Demeanour...

Hey guys!

So today I wanted to write about something that I've been trying not to write about, and that is myself.. Or rather, the way that I am... I tried to find a word for it, but couldn't.. I was thinking 'aesthetic' but I'm not sure...


I like vinyl records. I own over 100, and I don't listen to them very often, but I love the idea of owning them.. Like, I have loads of new (new to me) albums to listen to, if the internet goes down or something.. I love going to record stores, and CD stores, and browsing for hours.. I find it peaceful to flick through boxes of vinyl, and I have to resist the urge to buy the first pressing of Nirvana's 'Nevermind'. I like rock music. I like metal music. I like ska music.. Old music, new music.. I like adventure.. 

I love blogging, and finding new, controversial topics to write about.. I adore wearing band tees, and skinny jeans, yet I long to wear pretty tops and cute skirts.. I love going to gigs.. I love basically anything to do with music.. I don't like pop music.. It all sounds the same.. I love recording studios and sound desks.. I love stage set-up, guitars, amps.. I love guys in bands.. I like people with piercings, stretched ears and flippy hair.. I like getting piercings.. 

I'm excited to start college, and meet new people.. I'm excited to make a new reputation, not as the quiet, nerdy kid, but as myself.. The music-lover.. The guitarist.. I love playing guitar.. Reading books.. Sleeping.. Spending time with my friends.. 

I love makeup and skin care products.. I love black eyeliner.. Black nail varnish.. Black skinny jeans, black Converse, black Docs.. I love being creative, which is why I love my blog.. 

I love myself.. I love the fact that I can say that I love myself.. I like my personality.. I love being happy.. I love my friends.. Did I write that already? 

I tried to capture myself in this post.. I don't know how well it worked.. I'm sort of distracted by UB40.. 

Bye, guys!
- Dottie. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post. You did capture yourself in it and I'm glad that you are proud to be who you are and you have so many things that you love and that make you happy. x

    ReplyDelete