Thursday 31 December 2015

2015 - A Year in Review.

Bloody hell, it's 2016 in just a few hours!! I swear it was June just a few days ago..? This year has gone both crazily fast and crazily slow, and has also been just a crazy year in general! So much has happened, and today I'm going to look back and review some of it!

WARNING: Most things featured will probably involve music, or gigs. 


Enter Shikari small gig
Okay, you have been warned. We can continue now.. 

Hmm.. Let's start out with surviving my final few months at school.. And 23 exams.. Well, 24.. 25? Something like that! I survived it, and passed everything. I'm proud of that.. I got so stressed because of school, and I feel like, as stupid as it sounds, I am a stronger person for it. I can certainly handle emotions better now!!

Also, holy crap, Reading Festival!! And Enter Shikari.. Enter Shikari, dude!! Turbowolf.. I've seen so many truly awesome bands, and met some pretty cool people at gigs, too!! Like, this year has been the craziest ever, really, in terms of gigs, and festivals, and just music in general. I really cannot believe that I went to Reading Festival, even if it was only for a day. I saw Metallica.. That is so brilliant, and amazing! Every time I see the word "Metallica" or hear someone talking about them, I just freak out (Internally) because I'm 17 years old, and I saw them.. Sooooo mad!! And Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon.. Yellowcard.. Y'know, big bands, or bands that used to be big.. (Bring on the punk revival!!) 
Bring Me the Horizon, Reading
Hmm, what else music-wise has happened?? I know!! I started a music technology course at college!! That's just crazy, dude! It's so weird to think that I'm actually doing something that I love, and something that's going to help me achieve my dream career.. And I love learning, I really do! I do have some regrets, though..

I haven't stayed in contact with some of the people I was really close to. And I do kindaaaa miss them.. But then again, they haven't bothered to keep in contact with me, so.. I also feel that I'm wasting my potential; I should be doing science A Levels, and, I don't know, finding the cure for world hunger or something.. But then I guess that it's important to be happy..

I have spent more days being happy this year, I think.. In general.. And I've spent more time with people I really care about.. Y'know, like my amazing best friends, and my brilliant family.. And I've realised who my real friends are, too. And I know, now, that I don't need anyone else, because the friends that I have are literally the best.. You know who you are!!

I've also tried to get into photography more, and notice my surroundings. I think I got some pretty good photos.. Or, at least, I think they're good, hahah!! I'm trying out new things, and it's fun! And I got back into blogging, which is awesome!! I remembered recently why I started blogging in the first place, and that makes me so happy!!

Now, as stupid as this sounds, I can't actually remember most of what has happened this year, but I know that 2015 has been a really bloody amazing year, and I'm so thankful to have been able to live it. I appreciate everything that has happened this year, and I look forward to more amazing years, and more adventures with some amazing people..

And thank you guys, if you regularly read my blog! It means a lot, and it's crazy to think that even a few people visit my (really) little corner of the internet! Thank you!!

Happy New Year!! Here's to a good one!!

- Dottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment