Tuesday 5 January 2016

A Day in (New) Docs...

Finally, finally, I am back at college!! Woo hoo!! I might have missed it while I was at home, but honestly, I'm not glad to be back.. 

Sure, I've missed learning, and just having people around, but I don't like being here. I'm already fed up of being here, around the people I'm around.. Well, except for maybe one person? I really cannot wait to go to university and start a new adventure. 

Anyway, enough complaining, because people have it worse than me, and I'm lucky enough to be doing a course that I actually want to do. And people have it worse than me. Nope, I am going to be positive. 

And tell you about my gorgeous new shoes!!

I don't know if you remember, or if you even read this blog often, but I wrote about getting a new pair of Doctor Martens.. Now, if you don't know, a pair of Docs require breaking in, as they're pretty tough leather. This means that if you wear them rigt away, for a really long period of time, they'll probably hurt your feet. 

And guess what I decided to do today? Yep, you guessed it, I wore my new Docs!! But they are so lush, and so far, right now, my feet are holding up really well. So yay, me! However, I haven't really done very much walking, and I'm wearing a pair of normal socks, and Doc Socks, which are padded to help break in new boots.. So, ordinarily, my feet would basically be dead.. But not today!! Hah! 

I don't even know what I'm writing anymore, but I'm chilling on my own in the library, because my "friends" have gone into town, and I didn't want to go. So I'm blogging to make it look like I'm actually doing work.. 

Because that's another thing, I have finished all of my work.. Okay, this is going to turn into a full-on rant about college if I'm not careful. But I'm the only one in my Tuesday class that has finished last term's assignment. Which is great, because, as my teacher keeps reminding me, it puts me in a great position to start the next assignment. However, it also means I have bugger-all to do for the next two to three weeks while I wait for everyone else to finish their stuff.. And I can't just stay at home, because my attendance is already at 97%.. Because I skived a few lessons.. We're also kind of doing a new assignment alongside the old one, and it's just complicated.. 

And my friends don't do work.. So they have a crap-tonne of work to do, and they just don't do it.. So it's going to be fun when/if they get kicked off the course.. 

But, as I've said to Emma multiple times, I'm not here to make friends. I already have some incredible best friends, so why do I need anyone else? Although I have one good(ish) friend at college.. He kinda seems to understand me, and can actually see when I'm upset.. And HE GETS MY TEA OBSESSION!!! Emma thinks I have a crush on him, and I honestly don't know.. He gives good hugs.. 

But yeah, I'm only in college to start learning how to be a kick-ass sound engineer, so that's what I'm doing.. I'm going to look at uni courses now, even though I don't go for another year and a half.. (Next September.. Like 2017!!!) 

BYe for now,
- Dottie. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, your blog is so cool! I relate to everything you write about college! I sit at college writing on my blog in lessons just so it looks like I am doing work...woops...but what subjects are you studying in college?!? A sound engineer sounds awesome!! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, that made my day!! :D
      And blogging in college is a pretty good way of filling my time! I'm doing a music technology BTEC, which is great fun! What about you??

      Delete