Friday 19 February 2016

Music Memories Tag!

Okay, so I saw this post on Chloe Maria's blog, who was inspired by blogger and vlogger Zoe London to write her version of this.. And now I'm doing it.. 

Framing Hanley - 2014

So, without further ado, let's get into answering the questions!

1. What is your worst gig experience? 

I have two, so I'm going to talk about them both. The first would be from when I saw Enter Shikari in July 2015; the venue was really hot and had no air conditioning, and I hadn't eaten or drunk much that day, so I ended up feeling really faint and dizzy, and had to be lifted over the barrier by the club's security. Oops. 

The second thing happened when I saw the Marmozets in February 2015. I was just chilling at a gig, on my own, and this guy way older than me just started talking to me. And sure, he stopped me from getting hurt by moshers, but it just made me feel really uncomfortable and ugh. WHY?!?!? 

2. What music video blew your mind? 

Hmm.. I don't know. I really love live videos, so I'm going to say A Rose for the Crows by Turbowolf. They're an incredible live band, and I feel the video really captures that. 
Feel free to check it out here!

3. What gig made you lose your sh*t? 

Hmmm... Lots of them.. So let's make a list!!
  • Enter Shikari - July 2015
  • Turbowolf - December 2015
  • Less Than Jake - August 2015
  • Yellowcard & Less Than Jake - March 2015
  • Twin Atlantic - Reading Festival 2015
  • Hoobastank, Alien Ant Farm & P.O.D. - May 2015
I think there's probably more, but these are the ones I remember. The last mega-crazy gig I went to was Turbowolf, and it was truly incredible. I also ended up covered in alcohol that wasn't mine, but whatever. It was fun. (Also the guys in Dead! were there!!)

4. What band do you wish you could join? 

Easy peasy. Less Than Jake. Their live shows are so full of energy and it's just such a laugh. I'd love to be a proper part of that, y'know, be up on stage laughing and joking with the rest of them!

5. What song reminds you of a friend or family member? 

I don't actually have a clue. My friends and family all listen to different music, there's no real crossover.. I don't know!!

6. Best gig ever? 

I'm not too sure.. I don't think I've been to the best gig ever.. I mean, Bayside were pretty incredible, as were so many other bands that I've seen.. But the best gig hasn't happened yet. Sorry. 

7. What was the last song that you listened to? 

I am currently listening to Save the World Get the Girl by the awesome, brilliant, honest band called The King Blues. It's like political ska, punk, rock, poetry.. It's a weird fusion but oh my god, it works! 

8. What song sums you up? 

Stressed Out by twenty one pilots. Because I'm always stressed, and worried about growing up. So yep, Stressed Out. 

9. What musical era do you wish you were in? 

Either the late 80s/early 90s, because the whole punk and grunge scene then was pretty goddamn rad, or the late 60s, because skinheads. 

10. Give one surprising music-related fact about you. 

I saw George Ezra live in 2013, before he got really famous, and no one cared about him until he got on the radio and stuff! No one would listen to me talk about him, like whyyyyyyy people?!?! 
Oh, and also I write music reviews on Jurassic Press!!

So there we go!! I want to tag someone to do this, so I choose Erin Marie from The Vinyl Notebook because her blog is amazing and I feel like she would answer all of these questions beautifully! So Erin, if you're reading this, and would like to do this tag, I shall leave the questions below, so you can copy and paste them!! 

(Yay, questions!
  1. What is your worst gig experience? 
  2. What music video blew your mind? 
  3. What gig made you lose your sh*t? 
  4. What band do you wish you could join?
  5. What song reminds you of a friend or family member? 
  6. What was the best gig ever? 
  7. What was the last song you listened to? 
  8. What song sums you up? 
  9. What musical era do you wish you were in?
    and lastly
  10. Give one surprising music-related fact about you.)
Thank you all for reading!!

- Dottie. 



2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you so much for tagging me; I can't wait to do the post on my own blog :) And you saw P.O.D.? That's epic. I have some of their songs and they have such a cool vibe. Also, that's so cool that you got to see George Ezra before he rose to fame! I would have loved to go to that gig. Thanks again for tagging me. This is going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award! If you wanna find out more, head over to my blog.
    Sara | Herelectricocean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete