Saturday 12 March 2016

Where Have You Been?!?

Oh my gosh, it's March!! And I haven't written for a while.. And I mean, there's probably no excuse for that, I mean, I haven't been busy, but I have an excuse anyway. 

I slept for the best part of four days. Four days. Four. Days. And I could have slept for another one, if I wasn't stupid and wanted to go to college for a hug from a friend.. 
I have been actually very scarily ill; it sounds stupid and pathetic, but I've had a cold, and this cold came with a really, really bad headache, and a horrible dizziness that meant I basically couldn't move without falling over. Understand why I stayed in bed? And I was so, so exhausted. So I slept for the best part of four days. But that was only last week. 

What about the other, like, two weeks? Honestly, man, I've been trying to write.. There are so many drafts from the last three weeks, but I've honestly been so uninspired, and I've not had a clue what to write. 

It happens sometimes. 

It will always happen. 

And I won't apologise. 

Deal with it, dude. 

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to talk about what happened today! 

I went to an open day at a music university near where I live. And now I have a better idea of what I don't want to do in my future. 

Which is good, right? 

Mmm, I'm going to go with you agreed that it's good. But it's also not so good. Because what the hell do I do now?!? The course that I looked at, music production, was the one thing I've been thinking about since Year 10. Since I was around 15.. I'm 18 this year and now I'm clueless... I also still have another year at college, but this is all so scary and please just send help... 

I need to start looking again at what I want to do, and I don't really know.. I'm getting into music journalism (check out JurassicPress.co.uk, I wrote the Enter Shikari review!!), and I'm not sure if that's something that I would like to be taught, or something that I'd like to learn myself.. But I know that I want to go to university, and have the freedom and make friends with people who are in the same boat as me.. I guess I've always wanted to go to university... But now I don't know, and it's scary!! 

I can't remember what else I was going to write, so I guess I'll be keeping this post short and sweet, and just let you guys know that I'm alive.. 

I've been nominated for some cute lil blogger awards, so hopefully I'll get those written soon!!

Peace and love and cool indie vibes to ya all!!

- Dottie. 




2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hate to hear that you've been sick! I'll pray that you continue to get better. ^-^ As for music journalism, I say go for it! Journalism is actually my major, and it's cool to learn about the press/media/etc. Getting into a career in journalism also gives you lots of options! :) Glad to hear you're back, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! ^-^ that's so cool, what sort of stuff do you do for that?? I'm not sure if journalism is something that I'd like to do as education, but I definitely want to continue to write music reviews! :D

      Delete