Thursday 19 May 2016

I Am Fuelled By Coffee (Shops)

For the past few months, I have been spending an awful lot of time (and money!) in coffee shops. This is to avoid hanging out at college for the best part of an hour some days, before my lessons begin. Cheers buses...

This has resulted in two things. Firstly, my spending an awful lot of money, and using too much of my mobile data... And secondly, my better understanding how my mind relaxes, and how best to start my day. 


I adore the atmosphere of Coffee #1, the coffee shop I visit literally all of the time. It never really gets busy, and even if it is busy, it's never loud. There are some really squishy, comfy sofas, which are perfect for cuddling up with a significant other, in case you were wondering. All of the chairs and tables are mismatched, and yet it all works so perfectly. The walls are made from reclaimed bricks, or painted in a muted burgundy red.. It creates a wonderfully tranquil atmosphere, and the vibes are just perfect. 

I cannot work out why, but starting the day with a coffee, or pot of tea just puts me in a good mindset, and the right mood for just life in general. I know that it's not even the caffeine that does it for me; I drink decaf coffee, and the tannins in tea prevent the caffeine from being released in the same way as in coffee. My morning coffee shop visits are definitely more of a relaxing experience than a 'wake up' thing, and I love it. 
It is way better when I'm not on my own, though... 

I think that it's important to find what works to help you relax, and you shouldn't be afraid to treat yourself once in a while! I mean, I do spend a lot in coffee shops now, because I have three or four coffees in a week, which is around £10.. Which, fuck, I have just released is way too much to be spending on coffee. Ouch. I need to get me a job...
But despite that painful figure, it is definitely helping my mental health, because I feel less anxious and stressed about going to college, and I actually quite look forward to it!

If you want to be updated on my coffee journey, you should definitely follow my Instagram. In fact, do it even if you don't care about coffee. I like Instagram and I need likes to fuel my ego. Check it out here

Cool. 
Bye for now, pals. 

- Dottie x

1 comment:

  1. Treating yourself to coffee and a metal break is always so great. I understand what you mean by tea and coffee in the morning makes you feel more put together.

    ReplyDelete