Saturday 13 August 2016

The MUSIC Tag!

Hello there! Today I am going to be doing the music tag! Yay! This means I will actually be completing a tag post from someone!! You should be proud of me! 

So, I was tagged by the simply wonderful Erin over at The Vinyl Notebook, and you should most definitely read what she wrote here. (It's GIF central, but her music taste is impeccable, so go see her for a m a z i n g recommendations!)   

As with all tag posts, there are certain rules, and I'm going to just borrow these from Erin, because she wrote them wonderfully! 
So, the rules are as follows: 

  1. Thank the dude or dudette who tagged you in this radical post and link back to their blog. 
  2. Answer the questions below. 
  3. Tag some bloggers! 
  4. Add your own question to the tag for your nominees to answer.
  5. Include these rules in your post. 
SO, thank you so much for tagging me Erin, because this has made me super excited to blog!! 

Question One: Do you play any instruments? 
Well, funny you should ask this... I own three guitars, a bass, and a ukulele... I can play three guitars to an alright standard... Bass, I play less than mediocre, and ukulele... Hah, I can play a C chord... 
You see, I play instruments when I remember that I do so... Which, thanks to Netflix, and books, and internet, and seeing people... That doesn't happen very often. But, I am trying to get back into it, and am learning Slaves' song The Hunter and Biffy Clyro's There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake... They're pretty snazzy songs! 

Question Two: What is your favourite music genre? 
Okay, so this is difficult. I listen to anything from Enter Shikari to Johnny Cash to Blondie to Twenty One Pilots. My favourite genre is probably rock, as there are so many different sub-genres, that it pretty much covers everything I listen to... 

Question Three: Is there a music genre you absolutely cannot stand? 
Not really. I guess I'm not a fan of the more typical Top 40s charts stuff, like Rita Ora, Rhianna, etc. Sorry, pals. Not my thing. 

Question Four: What is your favourite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, MP3, radio, etc.) 
Each of these formats has their own advantages and disadvantages, which I'm going to write about... CDs are hard-wearing, compact, and pretty cheap. Most cars have CD players, so that's convenient, but CDs also take up a lot of space (I should know, my house is filled with them!), and they can get damaged... Vinyl is just so awesome, but more expensive, even bigger and easier to damage than CDs and you need to get up to turn over the disc... MP3 is so great, it means you can transport so much music on such a small device, but buying digital music just feels so weird. Radio has presenters, which is annoying, but hearing your favourite song or band on the radio is so epic... But, in answer to the question posed, my favourite way of listening to music is live, as you feel the emotion, and it's an experience unlike any other. 

Question Five: Top three favourite bands/singers?
  1. Biffy Clyro. Without a doubt. Scottish (prog?) rock? Yes please!! 
  2. Less Than Jake, because they're a brilliant, funny live band, and it's just fun to listen to ska punk. 
  3. Dead! because they're some of the loveliest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting, and they're definitely going somewhere pretty fast!
Then there is also Blondie, Twin Atlantic, Fort Hope, Twenty One Pilots, Johnny Cash, Jack Cookson, Ben Howard, Royal Blood, Marmozets, Enter Shikari, Foreign Affairs, George Ezra, Gorillaz, Nirvana, and about a million others... 

Question Six: What are your favourite chords? 
Em7, Dsus4, Cadd9, and G, because combined, they create my favourite Biffy Clyro song, Machines. 

Erin's Question: If you had to pick one song to sum up your entire life, youur very essence, the core of your being, which song would you pick? 
This is incredibly difficult to answer... My life has had both highs and lows, and the only song I can think to represent this is Life Is  A Rollercoaster by Ronan Keating. Listen here.  

For this post, I tag... Sam Denby at The Wonderful World of Denby! Sara at Her Electric Ocean! and Lauryn at Life of a Blonde

The question I'd like you guys to answer is who influenced your music taste, and shaped it to become what it is today? 

Thank you for taking the time to read my little post! Until next time!
Dottie x

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great most. I have been loving reading all the music tags. I think that you seem to have a great taste in music. Top 40s sometimes are hard to listen to I like some but not many. THREE guitars? Thats awesome. I have a ukulele but I also am side tracked from learning.I love your blog Dottie! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much, Vanessa! It's so lovely to hear you say that! You should totally do this tag, I'd love to see what you write!! :D x

      Delete
  2. Dottie, you are the best! This post is wonderful. :) I am making a list of all the musicians I want to check out, and I'm going to go through all of the bands you recommended one at a time. Thank you so much for posting this! I hope you had fun. It was rad to read :)

    Also:
    "You need to get up to turn over the disc" : You know my struggle. I get so lazy when my Side A of a vinyl is over that sometimes I let it skip for minutes on end...like I'm doing right now, welp.

    Also also:
    LIVE MUSIC -- yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much!! I really enjoyed writing this, and finding a song to answer your question was such a (fun!) challenge! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!
      And yes, I do the same, I just sit on my bed and think "I'll get up and turn the disc over in a minute" and I never do! :') x

      Delete