Thursday 17 November 2016

Growing Up, Falling In Love, and Other Scary Stuff

I don't know about you reading this, but when I follow a blogger, I like to know a little bit about them, and I think it's nice to get to know the author through their writing. I know it's been quite a while since I last wrote a little update on how things are going, so let's go for it! 

I'm at college, where we have project to record an EP and produce a music video, along with some other smaller assignments. Plans for these are slowly being put in place, and I'm actually pretty excited for that! 

Elsewhere in my life, my eighteenth birthday passed uneventfully; I still haven't been drunk, or bought a beer at a pub. That needs to happen soon! (The pub part, not being drunk!). I spent my birthday with my family, my grandparents included, and my boyfriend came to my house for the evening, too so it was such a lovely day! 

A week after my birthday, I passed my practical driving test! I can now legally go out onto the roads in my own little car, and get around much more easily, without relying on my parents or busses to get me places! How awesome, right?! 

So those are all of the rather mundane happenings... What's the scary stuff, I hear you ask? Well, let me tell you! 

I'm now technically classed as an adult, and I am feeling as though I really need to start growing up, and being way more responsible for just my own life in general. I need to find a permanent part-time job, as I'm in college for just three days a week, and I'm going to need to run a car, which is incredibly expensive. I currently have a job that I can do during college holidays, but it's only twelve hours a week, which isn't really ideal. I'm frantically applying for Christmas temporary staff positions, to try and earn enough for a tattoo and my car's MOT in January, but as I'm writing this, I can't say I've gotten a job yet... 

As I'm also currently in my second year of college, I need to start properly thinking about what I want to do next. Do I go to university, like I've always dreamed, or do I take a gap year, and work to earn my money? It's a really difficult decision, because each option has so many pros, and cons. I really don't know what I want to do, so wish me luck with that! 

I don't really know what else to tell you, other than I'm happy with life, despite being so scared and stressed about things at the moment... I've been in a super happy, very loving relationship for almost eight months, and I have to tell you that being in love really can be a beautiful thing. It shows you a different perspective, of both the world, and yourself, and I love that. 

Finally, it's that beautiful season where it's acceptable to start getting excited and prepared for Christmas, and I love that!

I hope you all have such a beautiful day!
- Dottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment