Thursday 22 December 2016

A Few Little Face Products...

Hello gang!! In the run up to Christmas, I'm sure we're all searching for the perfect beauty products to care for our skin and keep us looking our best for the party season! So, I thought I'd share a few of my favourites with you!! 

Left to right: Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser | The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser | Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Face Scrub

In the mornings before I do my makeup, I use the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Face Scrub (linked in photo caption). As someone who gets pretty frequent spots, and insanely oily skin, this has to be one of my holy grail beauty products! It keeps my face fairly matte throughout the day, and as it contains witch hazel, it's also awesome at fighting blemishes. 


Something that I didn't realise for the longest of times was that no matter your skin type, you must moisturise! My favourite one for the day is Simple's Kind to Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser, and I've been using it for years! It's unscented, and provides just the right amount of hydration for my face!

Finally, before I put my foundation on, I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser primer. While it is quite pricey, it's the perfect base for my makeup, as it really helps to fight the shine! On top of that, it's tea tree, so even more blemish fighting from this little product! It took me a while to find something that works this well, and finding a primer can be pretty overwhelming as there are just so many out there. But, if you are also a sufferer of oily skin, this is going to be perfect for you! 



Left to right: Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub | Nivea Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner
In order to remove my makeup in the evenings, I use Nivea's Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner on my face, and their 3 in 1 Miceallar Water to remove my eye makeup. Both of these products are incredibly gentle and remove makeup without the need for scrubbing, so I love them! The cleanser lasts for such a long time, as you only need a little bit to remove an entire face's makeup, which I must say I adore about the product. 

A few times a week, I use the Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub, which I picked up about a month ago. It's so great to be using a product that is filled with natural ingredients, and my face is loving it! Finally, I moisturise using either the Simple one above, or a slightly heavier Nivea one, depending on what my face is needing. 

I hope you guys found this little skincare guide helpful, it's always a bit confusing to find products that your skin needs!

- Dottie x


1 comment:

  1. This is great! I will see if I can get my hands on a recipe similar to the avocado and salt scrub. I am all about those diy's!

    ReplyDelete