Thursday 26 January 2017

The Most AMAZING Shower Gel?!

Hello there! For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive an amazing gift box from LUSH! Inside it was:

Green Fun 
The Comforter Shower Cream
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
 Rock Star Soap
Refresher Shower Jelly

The aim of this post was just to take a few photos to document how pretty the packaging of these products is, but I kind of used up the green Fun before I had a chance to take any photos, so I guess this is kind of a review post too.
So, the box these (full size!) products came in was the cutest, made of recycled cardboard and covered in cute smiley faces, wrapped up in a pretty dotty ribbon. I thought that was a nice touch. 

I'll start by talking about Fun because I've used that one much more than the other products. It makes the most amazing bubbles when you crumble it under the hot tap of your bath; it smells so subtle, yet it's also really in your face, which doesn't make much sense, but you need to smell it to believe it. When I get out of the bath, my skin always feels really soft, and it doesn't leave a greasy residue like some other bubble baths can. I've not yet used it to wash my hair, but I want to so will definitely be buying this again! 

The Comforter shower cream smells so lovely. It reminds me of blackcurrant squash, and blackcurrant Soothers, which when I'm ill, always make me feel better. I guess that's the aim of this shower gel, too? I like that it's really easy to pour from the bottle (some shower gels are so difficult to get onto the bath poof/loofah/sponge), and it has the slightest hint of glitter. It doesn't lather amazingly, but the fact that it smells just so goddamn gorgeous really makes up for that. (Unfortunately it has almond oil in, so I probably can't buy again as I'm allergic...)

Ahh, the Bubblegum lip scrub... It's just so sweet (pun intended...) I'd been meaning to purchase/make a lip scrub for ages, as my lips get very dry and chapped, especially during the winter months. I use this lip scrub with The Body Shop's Frosted Berries lip balm, and it really does leave my lips soft and kissably smooth! (just ask my boyf). I'd definitely buy a Lush lip scrub again, perhaps the Popcorn one which I tried out in-store and it was salty and sweet at the same time, which kinda blew my mind...

As someone who really loves vanilla, the Rock Star soap is perfect for me. It's a creamy bar soap that doesn't leave your hands feeling dry after use, and it smells so soft and gentle, I really love it. There's not a lot that can be said about a bar of soap, but it does smell nice, so pro points for that, Lush.

Finally, I haven't used the Refresher shower jelly (party because I have no clue how), but the scent is so zingy and tangy that I really am excited to try it! 

So there we go, five lush Lush products (hah...). I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing and taking photos for this, let me know if you want to see more stuff like this!

Thank you,
- Dottie x

This was too cute not to post

2 comments:

  1. These look great! The lip scrub sounds pretty amazing! AND the popcorn scrub sure sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip scrub is really cool! I'm thinking of trying some of the DIYs out there for them too, as it's basically just flavoured sugar! :D x

      Delete