Thursday 23 February 2017

Tips for Feeling More Confident Everyday...

We all have days where we are dreading what's going to happen, or we wake up feeling just a little apprehensive about what we have to get done that day. 

I know this happens to me a lot, particularly when I have to drive somewhere new, or meet someone new, or just sometimes when I have a lot going on. When you've already gotten up in the morning and you have too much time and not enough to do, there are some tips I have for you to help you to take your mind off of your rushing thoughts, or to feel a little calmer. 

The first thing I try to do is to look how I want to. I make sure that I get up in plenty of time to pick out some clothes that I feel both confident and comfortable in. I don't usually wear makeup or do much to my hair, but if this helps you to relax and feel comfortable and happy with you, then please do it. It'll help you ♥ 

Something that definitely helps me to feel more confident is to wear my favourite scents. When I had just started college, I felt anxious/worried a lot, and something that helped was spraying some vanilla body perfume on my neck, where I'd move and sometimes smell it. It was such a comfort as it's such a warm and welcoming smell. Now, I have various scented hand soaps and body washes from Lush, which I'll wash my hands with before I leave the house. The scent stays long enough for me to stop feeling nervous and to start feeling confident in my situation. It sounds like a silly little thing, but it will help. 

When you're feeling nervous or scared of a situation surrounding people, try to understand that they are probably feeling nervous too, especially if it's a big presentation or an interview. You won't be the only feeling scared of your situation, and this always seems to be a comfort to me. 

By trying to relax and not think of the other things you have to stress about on a day when you have enough going on, you'll minimise the worry of the moment. Just think (not too much!!) about the task/day ahead. Just go with the flow, and try to block out whatever is on the horizon for you. Take some calming breaths and continue as best you can.
Fitting with this (ish..), try your best to feel confident in yourself, and to love yourself. Appreciate yourself for all that you can do, and know that you have the strength to make it though today's stress as well. You've got this!

Finally, the last tip I have to offer you is to Fake It till You Make It. Confident and self-love/appreciation doesn't happen overnight; it takes time. Just pretend like you got this, and pretend you know what you're doing and chances are, it'll happen. 

Again, you got this. You can handle today, and all of the other days to come. 
You can do it!!

♥ Dottie x 

1 comment:

  1. I love these tips! The one about the vanilla sent in really unique, haven't heard that before!

    ReplyDelete