Thursday 16 March 2017

5 Ways to be Productive When You're Not Feeling It...

If you guys are anything like me and you're working and seeing friends and going to college or uni or school, then you'll be almost constantly exhausted and feel like you still have so much to do. 
When it comes to days off, I know all I want to do is sleep until midday, and then watch Netflix in my pyjamas for the rest of the afternoon. But because I'm averaging about one day off a week, I usually end up with so much to do, despite not feeling it. 

So, here are my suggestions for having a lazy but productive day... 

1. Clean and tidy your room
This is an instant mood boot, put clothes in the wash, put everything back where it lives. Give the floor a vacuum, clean your mirrors and windows, put some fresh bedsheets on. You'll feel the benefits of this for a few days at least, unless you're really bad at keeping your room tidy! 

2. Wash your makeup brushes
This always feels like a massive task to me, so much so that I've not done it for at least a month... Maybe two. But this is good not only for you and your skin, but for feeling like you've actually done something. Yay!

3. Polish your boots
If you guys are like me, you'll basically live in leather boots/Dr Martens. I very rarely give mine the love and care they deserve, so make some time to give your boots and shoes a good clean. It's a great way to feel inspired to create some new outfits, and it'll take all of about five minutes. 

4. Get moving! 
Get outside and go for a walk or a run, or do some exercise in your own home! I never make enough time to do exercise, but I'm trying to do some yoga a couple of times a week. What better time to do something than a day off?! 

5. Read a book
I always feel like I've accomplished something when I've spent a day reading and finished a book. Try it! 

So, I hope these tips were helpful! A day off doesn't always have to mean relaxing, you can still get stuff done and feel good about it! 

- Dottie x

2 comments:

  1. Yes I love the idea of doing these small but very efficient things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tips! These are so perfect. I have a day off today and plan to read and clean my room as well as do some homework later. :D And I agree that yoga can be so fun and relaxing on a nice day off. Hope your weekend is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete