Monday 4 September 2017

A Cinema Under the Stars...


Some friends and I headed to our local park (well, kinda) on Friday 1st September to head to Hogwarts with the Alfresco Film Company! We went to see Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone played on an outdoor screen, under the stars and it was magical! 

We loaded up with flasks, blankets, camping chairs, warm layers, chocolate, biscuits, and popcorn and found a place to camp out with a good view of the screen. It was actually surprisingly busy, I guess because some of the films were filmed locally, a lot of people would be interested. 

So, as the sun was setting, we all put on lots of layers (I had a strappy top, a long sleeved top, a t-shirt, a jumper, a hoodie, a denim jacket, a raincoat and a blanket and I was still freezing cold by the time the film ended!) and watched the bats flying around our heads as we waited for the darkness and for the movie to start. 

I have to say that despite the cold and the numbness of my toes and hands, it was a great experience. Watching a film outdoors isn't something that I would usually think of doing, because y'know, outside but it was fun, it was a laugh and I loved watching the clouds drift over the moon and looking up at the stars! I'm waiting for the next Harry Potter movie to be played outdoors! (I may also go see The Lost Boys since I've not actually seen it all the way through. I'll be taking a hot water bottle though). 

So yes, if you ever get the chance to go to an outdoor cinema, I say just do it because it's fun and you'll be with friends eating yummy food watching a good movie and looking at the stars and what more would you ever need?!

- Dottie x

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, p.s love the blog!

    -www.annagoodes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE STILL YET TO DO THIS! I am wanting to do this soon! Although cold numbing hands doesn't seem the most fun but I guess it's part of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will gladly come and see Lost Boys with you, as that one was so good! ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete